There are 14 tablets in each package of iOSAT , which will protect one adult for two weeks. Anyone remaining in a contaminated area for more than two weeks should consider the use of additional iOSAT tablets as directed by Public Health Officials.
New FDA guidelines call for the daily administration of one iOSAT tablet (130 mg. of potassium iodide (KI)) for adults and children over 18 years old who weigh more that 150 pounds. Children from age 3 to 18 years old who weigh less than 150 pounds should take ½ tablet. Children from age one month to 3 years should take ¼ tablet. And infants less than one month old should take ¼ tablet. If necessary, children too young to take solid food or unable to swallow a tablet can take iOSAT dissolved in a liquid (such as chocolate milk) or in a soft food such as applesauce.
iOSAT Tablets are FDA approved for seven years and should be stored unopened in a dry environment at room temperature.
Each iOSAT Tablet provides 24 hours of protection.
Anbex was formed shortly after the Three Mile Island accident in 1979. The company received its NDA (the FDA approval to sell the product) in 1982 after FDA review of the product and its manufacturing process.
The iOSAT package comes with a Patient Product Inserted along with the tablets in a sealed package. This was designed so that the instructions would not become separated from the product in times of an emergency.
Meets all FDA requirements for potassium iodide as a radiation protective, and is labeled and packaged in accordance with US government guidelines. Has demonstrated all quality controls and passed all FDA requirements for purity, quality, safety, efficacy.
- Comes full strength (130 mg of potassium iodide per tablet) in accordance with FDA demands for complete thyroid blocking.
- Contains no potassium iodate or other adulterants. Contains only pure potassium iodide as the active ingredient.
- iOSAT [potassium iodide] is manufactured in the United States under strict FDA "GMP guidelines," and holds an approved "New Drug Application" (NDA).
- iOSAT [potassium iodide] was the first product of its kind (since 1982) and is the only product which can be purchased by local, state and federal governments. Is widely purchased by nuclear utilities.
- iOSAT [potassium iodide] offers unit dose packaging for maximum shelf-life and allows for individual tablet distribution without fear of loss of packaging integrity.
Click to View the iOSAT Customer Product Instructions
Click to View iOSAT's FDA Approval Information
Click to View the FDA's Information on Potassium Iodite Shelf Life